With regard to the Supreme Court Judgment and guidelines issued in 1997 to provide
for the effective enforcement of the basic human right of gender equality and guarantee
against sexual harassment and abuse, more particularly against sexual harassment at
work places, the University Grants Commission (UGC) has issued circulars since 1998,
to all the universities, advising them to establish a permanent cell and a committee
and to develop guidelines to combat sexual harassment, violence against women and
ragging at the universities and colleges. It has further advised the universities
to be proactive by developing a conducive atmosphere on the campus, where the status
of woman is respected and they are treated with. Keeping the above guidelines in view,
MBB College has constituted a Committee Against Sexual Harassment since February,2015.
|Anti Ragging Committee|
|Convenor||Dr. Tripti Majumder (Das), Assocate Professor, Department of Geography, MBB College|
- Dr. Samita Gupta, Assocate Professor, Department of Philosophy, MBB College
- Smt. Bhakti Mohanti, Assocate Professor, Department of History, MBB College
- Smt. Madhuri Deb Barma, O.S., MBB College
- One representative from Tripura Womens’ Commission
- Prevent discrimination and sexual harassment against women, by promoting gender amity among students and employees.
- Make recommendations to the Principal for changes/elaborations in the Rules for students in the Prospectus and the Bye-Laws, to make them gender- just and to lay down procedures for the prohibition, resolution, settlement and prosecution of acts of discrimination and sexual harassment against women, by the students and the employees.
- Deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment against women, in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized and termination of the harassment.
- Recommend appropriate punitive action against the guilty party to the Principal.